Top 6 Reasons to Use an Auction Site to Sell Your Car
1. The Auction Website Handles the Marketing
2. They Handle All the Paperwork
- Title + Registration
- Certified Inspection Report
- Vehicle History Report
- Bill of Sale
- License + Identity Verification
- Sales Tax Paperwork
3. You’ll Be Safe From Scammers
One of the top reasons to use an online secure auction platform to sell your car is safety. Not only does the auction site handle all of the marketing and paperwork but they also offer a level of fraud protection for both buyers and sellers. Simply put, secure auction platforms have the means to provide 3 key services to avoid getting scammed. These services include:
- Identity Verification: This verifies both the seller’s and the buyer’s identity to ensure everyone is who they say they are
- Payment Protection: This ensures that payments are secure.
- Certified Inspections: Certified technicians go through detailed inspection checklists to ensure that the car being sold to the buyer is in expected mechanical condition, which also ensures the seller gets what their car is worth.
4. You Get to Keep 100% of Your Money
When you sell your car privately, you may have to deal with lowball offers from potential buyers that do not understand the vehicle value. When you trade your car in or sell it through a dealership, you may again have to deal with lowball offers from professional negotiators who plan to mark up your vehicle and resell it.
5. You Get to Skip the Dealership
We know that not all car salespeople are out to get us. However, dealing with car dealerships in general, can be an incredibly exhausting waste of time.
Dealerships are in business to make money. They have facilities to pay for, employees to pay and lights to keep on. Dealerships need to earn a profit to stay in business and that profit comes from you.
6. They’ll Save You Time & Effort
When you auction your used car online with the right platform, all you have to do is provide the basic vehicle information and post some photos. This process takes only a few minutes and your vehicle is made available for potential buyers to view and place their bids. The auction site takes care of creating the right exposure and putting your vehicle in front of the right audience of motivated buyers.
Ready to Sell Your Car? Get an Estimate Now!
Need more reasons to use an auction site to sell your car? How about this one: With Motobyo you have the option to sell your car for a quick cash offer, list it in a standard auction, or list it in a premium auction. Whether you need quick cash or want to get more than your car’s trade-in value, we can help you auction your car online today.